Friday, February 10, 2006

Warm Sunny Hawaii

I don't know about you but I have a hard time dealing with the bitter cold New England weather. It's the kind of cold that penetrates your skin right down to the bone. On some of the coldest days, I find myself staring at my thermostat in disbelief, wondering how it can possibly read 68 degrees when I'm wearing my hat and scarf indoors. It doesn't feel warm in my apartment yet if I touch the radiator, I could quite possibly burn the flesh off of my hand. Poor insulation is a age-old Boston architectural dilemma, I suppose. It probably doesn't help that I have frostbite in my left foot, an old skiing "accident", and one that was exacerbated by spending the night at my old Somerville apartment after my landlord decided to stop paying the heat bill and instead, use the money to take a Hawaiian cruise with his wife. Which brings me to the photo of this beach...I took this one when I was in Maui for a friend's wedding in June of 2004. The bride held a yoga class on this beach before the "big day". It was by far, the best wedding I've ever been to. Just looking at this photo makes it seem a little less cold outside.

No comments: